17 January, 2013

Some New Things! ♡

It’s funny, when I haven’t had money to personally spend on myself for such a long time, then I get some and I’m stuck on what to do with it.

What I mean is that I got money for my Birthday and Christmas and I went shopping last week and spent a little of it on this little lot, but I didn’t go crazy. I think when you have to be so careful about your spending if you don’t have a lot of money, it kind of carries over into money you have to actually spend on you.

Anyway, ramble over. I had some money and so I went to Boots and Superdrug. I knew there were a few things I wanted, like the Real Techniques Brushes and the Effaclar Duo. The others were random, but things I sort of needed/wanted.

I was sad when the Boot Botanics range changed because for a while my boots didn’t have any of the makeup remover they used to do, so I was worried it hadn’t been carried over in their packaging change, but when I checked last week I found this. I love this makeup remover, it removes so well and is less that three pounds.

I got the core collection of brushes from Real Techniques. I love brushes SO much and especially eye brushes, but the face ones called to me much more, especially the buffing and contour brush. I’ll have a more full review of these soon.

As I mentioned in a mini post last week, I got the Effaclar Duo. I have to say I was having good results after just a couple of days, but last weekend I got sick with tonsillitis, which I am still suffering with, and to be honest everything went out of the window, I would just cleanse and slap on some Liz Earle moisturiser to be quick. Because I’ve been run down my skin isn’t at its best at the moment so I have started again today and I am hoping to see good things. I will review this eventually.

Collection (2000) lasting perfection concealer is a must for me so I picked another one up. I messed up though, I usually use fair and I picked up light… I am yet to see if this works for me. I feel it may be too dark. Great concealer though, long lasting and good coverage!

I picked up the MUA bits to try because I’ve only really tried their palettes (which I love) I have seen lots of raves about their lipsticks, so I got a red (to add to my collection of reds!) which is a lovely glossy, pigmented shade. I also got a lip liner which is a great colour, but it is very soft and needs sharpening lots, but for £1 it’s a total bargain… Then I got the nail caviar bead things, I haven’t tried this before, but I’ve seen it on others and I like the look of the effect, the MUA one is called constellations, and I got Libra, just because I liked the colours the most.

From NYC I picked up a foundation, I did have the Rimmel wake me up in my hand to purchase and then I spotted this.. How cheap is NYC by the way?! All under £3. This sounded really good and was £2.49! I haven’t tried it yet, and I didn’t really need it, but I wanted something new to try with the new Real Techniques brush! (Haha) … The foundation has good reviews on Makeup Alley though.

Finally, some No7 Boots quick thinking wipes. I got a £5 off voucher in Boots so used it to get these, which I have never tried, they were £2 though, so I thought why not. They are good for a quick clean up and for travel. I don’t use wipes to cleanse though, just to freshen up and stuff. These seem nice.

8 comments:

  1. I was sad to find that Boots reformulated that eye make-up remover. It used to be my favourite but I bought one of the new bottles and it stung my eyes. Not happy. Hope it works out ok for you.

    Lou x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, that's not good. I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I'll see how I get on!

      Delete
  2. This all looks lovely. I have had the core collection in my sights for a while now. I look forward to your review on them :)

    xoxo

    www.polkadotsopinions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same as Oblivia the new formulation of the eye make up remover stings my eyes :( love the rest of the best really want to try the real techniques brushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's such a shame. I haven't really given it a go yet, so I'll see if it is the same for me. I hope not because I loved it before.

      Delete
  4. I want to try the new NYC foundation, I read great words. Can't wait for your review honey!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I'm curious about that NYC foundation, please let us knoe how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Please leave me a comment.